Job Location: Bristol, UK
Closing date for applications: 7th of January 2022
Small, autonomous teams. Pursue the research that interests you. Proud of delivering quality. Analytical. Problem solver. Drive to develop and grow the business. CFD analysis. Analysis of offshore wind resource. Responsibility. If all this sounds good to you, then keep reading.
BrightWind is a renewable energy consultancy company founded in May 2015 with its core competency in wind resource assessment. We work closely with our clients to assess the future energy yield from planned or operational wind farms and highlight the associated risks. We are looking for a senior wind resource analyst that can contribute significantly to the growth and leadership of the business.
You will be based in our partner Everoze’s office in Bristol and will work both with the Brightwind team and the Everoze team. Your main responsibility is to deliver practical, actionable advice to our clients with concise, quality energy yield reports. But you’ll do much more than that. You’ll have ownership in developing and delivering internal and external solutions that will improve our data analytics platform. You’ll use Python and other cutting-edge technologies to build these products as part of a team. And you’ll be encouraged to take risks and challenge yourself in reaching out to grow our client base.
We offer an attractive package that includes a path to share ownership in a rapidly expanding company.
• MEng or BEng, or equivalent, in Engineering or Physics;
• Self-starter with strong initiative and hunger for taking on responsibility within a small team
• Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
• Personable and easy-going client management
• At least 4 years’ experience analysing, delivering and reviewing energy yield assessments
• Passion for computer programming essential
• Any of the following are particularly desirable:
• experience in CFD modelling for wind energy applications
• experience in offshore energy yield analysis
• experience in remote sensing
Interested applicants should email a cover letter and CV to Shane at firstname.lastname@example.org by or before the 1st of December 2021. Interviews will be arranged post this date.